The Question: Where do you buy paper in Grand Rapids? Is there an outlet? Or a mill store? where do you get lots of paper for inexpensively?
- 6.25 paper studio on Monroe – for small quantities of decorative paper (endsheets, etc.)
- The scapbooking store pages in time-one in jenison and one on plainfield close to the beltline.
- Paper Central http://www.cmpaper.com/paper_central.html
- Service Reproduction Center http://www.servicereproduction.com/
Big Box Resources
- Office Max or Depot for everything else.
- Big rolls of it at Home Depot
- Copy paper is cheat at Big Lots.
Out of Town
- Hollander’s | Decorative Paper & Bookbinding Supplies http://www.hollanders.com
- Often times printers have remnants left from the production process, so if you like odd sizes, that might be a cheap/free option.
- Butcher paper for signs…..and architects warehouse for rolls also wensco!
- Larger orders of more specialty paper I use quimby (their cash and carry minimum is $200)
- French paper directly from their website. since we live so close UPS Ground shipping = next day if you order before 3pm.
- this is the only reasonable source for reams (not just little pads) of newsprint that can be cut easily to 11 x 17 http://www.amazon.com/Plain…/dp/B001AZ0CT8/ref=sr_1_2_m…
- Plain White Newsprint, Unlined, 9 x 12, White, 500 Sheets; no. PAC3407 www.amazon.com
The Contributors: Kat Russell, Nick Nortier, Dave Petroelje, Molly Miles Rizor, Fred Bivins, Carly Zeeuw, Toni Bal, Kathleen Harrigan, Sierra Cole, Sheryl Budnik, George Wietor, Suzanne Bladey, Nick Nortier, Cat Campbell
I love the fact that the Facebook hivemind can be used to share personal experiences and resources. Sometimes I ask a question because I don’t know the answer, want to hear what my community has to say and lately I have been receiving requests from friends asking me to request very specific resources. The responses are generally useful but they get lost in the traffic of facebook so I thought they would be worth saving.
So this post is part of a series, Answers from the hivemind