The Question: Tell me your favorite beers, and breweries, and WHY you like them…..
- Short’s Brewing Company (4 mentions)
- Beer Shout Outs: soft parade
- Comments: Their brew pub up in Bellaire is fantastic. Great brew in a cool little town with rad folks. beautiful labels, great flavors, good atmosphere.
- Founders (5 mentions)
- Comments: for the amazing atmosphere with live music, not so much for the ambiance anymore but on any given Sunday evening it’s back to normal, and the heavy hitters (8.0 abv+) can’t be beat.
- Beer Shout Outs: dirty bastard , Two Hearted (a go to/ (all around best tasting IPA)
- Bells (3 mentions)
- Beer Shout Outs:Oberon (tastes like summer)
- Harmony Brewing (3 mentions)
- Beer Shout Outs: Starstuff, Grapefruit Moon (an IPA shandy that’s grapefruitliscious).
- Comments For the cozy small local feel it has and the bomb ass pizza.
- Perrin brewing (3 mentions)
- Beer Shout Outs: a killer black ale, vanilla porter
- Brewery Vivant (2 mentions)
- Comments: because it is good beer I can walk to from my house, because of Belgians.
- Mitten Brewing.( 2 mentions)
- Beer Shout Outs:The Country Strong IPA is fantastic.
- Greenbush (2)
- Comments: because I’ve never had a bad ale from them.
- Perrin (3)
- Dark Horse (2)
- Three Floyds in NW Indiana b/c the yeast they use yields a really unique, slightly fruity/floral palette across almost all their beers
- Southern Tier b/c they consistently make high quality, diverse beers at a fairly high gravity. Lagunitas and Stone Brewing for similar reasons.
- North Coast Brewing because of Le Merle.
- OH and Surly Brewing Company.
- Best brew and view in America. Solera Brewery Landmark
- The Waldorf in Hastings- the java brown is a wonderful coffee beer on the lighter side
- Yuengling. Pottstown, PA. – the oldest continuously operating brewery in the U.S. And it’s just good beer.
- Harvest Harvest Moon Brewing Company- Pig’s Ass Porter
- GRBC- The best Sunday brunch with beermosa’s, yum
- Brooklyn brewing co.- The summer ale in a can, CUZ it tastes like, and reminds me of, the possibility of a youthful summer evening.
- White Flame Brewery- Super G IPA or Double Tap Pale, because Andy Steenbergen is what’s up when it comes to making great beer!
- Blackrocks in Marquette- Coconut brown ale
- New Holland
- Right Brain in Traverse City
- Odd Side in Grand Haven
- Pigeon Hill Brewery in Muskegon
For people who claim to hate breweries:
- Coors Light, 110 calories
- High Life, because it’s cheap as hell.
The Contributors: Marlee Grace Hanson, Jeremy N Lorelei Moore, Josh Breuer, Kathleen Harrigan, James Hash, Steven Donley, Katie Platte, Gypsy Schindler, Tom D Duimstra,Joel Zwart, Amanda Carmer, Erica Rae Lang, Mateo Juez, Michael Victor, Paula Vincent-leach, Jim Diem, John Curtis, Kathleen Harrigan, Brad Robinson, Lee S. Brown, Matt Ruiter, Amanda Linklater, Monica Willits-Rykse, Chris Cox
I love the fact that the Facebook hivemind can be used to share personal experiences and resources. Sometimes I ask a question because I don’t know the answer, want to hear what my community has to say and lately I have been receiving requests from friends asking me to request very specific resources. The responses are generally useful but they get lost in the traffic of facebook so I thought they would be worth saving.
So this post is part of a series, Answers from the hivemind