The Question: What are closeish places to camp by water? July 23
Where to go…
- Manistee national forest
- Gun lake
- Yankee Springs
- North Muskegon / Whitelake-Montague area.
- Lakeshore Park – Grand Marais, MI \ on a bluff overlooking Lake Superior
- Deep Lake (rustic part near Yankee Springs) ( 5 Mentions!)
- Porcupine mountains Lake Superior trail
- Nordhouse dunes
- Leelanau State Park.
- informal encampment east of the Oxford St Trail bridge, on the north side of the river.
- a place in pent water just a short walk to the beach.
- on the banks of the grand river, there are some secret spots both north and south of downtown.
- Northport for rustic and privacy.
- Lake city, rustic small lakes. $15 ish. / night. By big swimming lake missawkee
The Contributors George Wietor, Brad Robinson, Shelley Schaub, Ryan Wyrick, Wendy Beth Joly,Robert J Rogers, Stacy Niedzwiecki,John K Erskine,Terri Dunderman, Wendy Withrow, Jayme Agens-Kettle, Anthony Mead, Lisa Oshust-Ambrose, Terri Dunderman, Joshua Duggan, Nicolas Nelson, Tommy Allen, Stephanie Voelck
I love the fact that the Facebook hivemind can be used to share personal experiences and resources. Sometimes I ask a question because I don’t know the answer, want to hear what my community has to say and lately I have been receiving requests from friends asking me to request very specific resources. The responses are generally useful but they get lost in the traffic of facebook so I thought they would be worth saving.
So this post is part of a series, Answers from the hivemind