Well, i can’t say i love the results of this batch.
First This group look like they might have slid into a kiln that was fired at a higher temp than i expected OR maybe i didnt stir the glaze enough? Edit
Next i’m still treating the glaze as though it is acrylic paint. And its not- it unpredictably looks like watercolor and i need to refine my painting style!
Finally- the interior glaze creptonto the outside and ran (my sloppy glaze technique!)
So here are some things i am going to adjust for future projects:
- Do the poured glaze on the inside first, before hand painting the exterior.
- Continue to work on a better glaze painting!
- Stir, stir, stir that glaze!
- Double check my kiln shelf tomake sure projects go in the right kiln load!
- Stop painting in black so i expect less graphic results! And quietly chant- this is not a print, this is not a print!
Embracing new techniques abd materials…Slowly but surely!